Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring the mothers, motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society.
The origins of Mother’s Day can be traced back as far as the ancient Greeks and Romans.
Here are 6 facts about mother’s day that you should know!
- The date changes due to it being held annually on May’s second Sunday, This year Mother’s day is being celebrated on May 12
- Ancient Greece was one of the earliest civilizations to honor mother’s
- Mother’s Day sees the highest volume of phone calls -more than any other day of the year
- The idea was started in 1868 by American activist Ann Jarvis, who wanted to bring people together after the civil war
- Jarvis’ daughter, Anna organized the first Mother’s day in 1907 but the idea didn’t catch on until the following year May 10, 1908
- Mother’s day is celebrated in 40+ countries in the world
Happy Mother’s Day to all the MOM’s out there, we at Precise. wish you a lovely Mother’s day!